NERF parties are great ideas for birthdays, celebrations and just general get-togethers. They’re pretty simple, ultra-fun and keep kids occupied for a couple hours (and spends some pent up energy). You might be interested in having a NERF party but don’t know where to start – which is totally understandable. There are actually a lot of details in throwing a successful NERF party and we wanted to help you with some tips from our experience as Houston’s leading NERF rental provider.
Tips For Running a Successful NERF Party
1. Obviously just book with Houston Lawn Games, but in all seriousness make sure you use a vendor that you feel comfortable with and they have easy and transparent pricing. In many cases you won’t know a price until they leave after the party.
2. Will you conduct the battle or would you prefer that someone else does it? You’ll definitely save money if you do it yourself but having someone else do it might make sense if you’re willing to spend the money. The parents hosting may have to pay $100-$200 more for a referee.
3. How fancy do you want it? Different options exist, our Houston NERF Battles have individual bags for each participant as well as pretty sophisticated guns with magazines. Others may just have a simple gun that holds a few darts and they receive a handful of darts.
4. Will you need bunkers? You likely will – especially if it’s in your backyard and you don’t have a lot of trees. The bunkers for NERF are typically just inflated at the location and deflated when they’re done. They don’t need to be too robust or elaborate because just nerf darts will be hitting them. Houston Lawn Game’s NERF branded bunkers are about 32” high and 22” in diameter. They’re a great size for 6-10 year old’s and all their friends.
5. How long should you schedule the party? – 2-3 hours, with 3 hours as the MAX.
6. How do I select teams? Selecting teams is typically difficult, but if you’re a parent then you have some authority. Randomize the teams because they will all decide to be on one team or another. Use different colors to designate the teams
7. Research some games, capture the flag and single elimination free-for-all are good. Other good games are team vs. team elimination with a set number of respawns – as long as the kids follow the honor rule.
Generally, NERF battles are stress-free and fun for everyone, especially if you go in prepared. Feel free to give us a call and ask any questions you have. Houston Lawn Games typically will just provide the equipment and set up but won’t conduct the game, which makes it a super affordable option.