Planning a party outdoors can be very different than planning one indoors. You have other factors to contend with, like weather, activities to choose, and bugs. But planning an outdoor party in Houston shouldn’t be hard, and we have compiled some great options for parks in the Houston area to start your research. Another important choice is activites. TLG can help you with lawn game rentals, and if you are looking at which games to choose our friends over at Redfin have created a great guide to the best outdoor games.
Address: 3801 Eastside St Houston, TX 77098
The park’s thoughtful design features activity areas, a dog park, a community garden, the Children’s Park, and beautiful landscaping. Accenting the grounds are free, year-round passive and active programming in wellness, the arts, education, and recreation. Whether visiting the park for a special event, program, picnic, play date, or to enjoy the outdoors, Levy Park is an inclusive, space to connect, experience, do, and play.
- Host your child’s birthday party in Levy Park’s family pavilion! Located within the Children’s Park, the family pavilion is the perfect venue for your next celebration. The three-hour reservation includes exclusive use of the space for you and your guests, seating for adults and children, two 6’ tables for food and gifts, and a large trash can.
- The Children’s Park will remain open to the public. The Birthday Party rental rate is $350, and a $500 refundable deposit applies. Available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
- You may contact Linda Gilliam at [email protected] or 713-522-7275 for questions or booking assistance.
Memorial Park Conservancy
Address: 6501 Memorial Dr Houston, TX 77007
Restore. Preserve. Enhance. Home to runners, cyclists, hikers, nature lovers, and more!
- Memorial Park has many picnic areas throughout the Park.
- Certain picnic areas are available on a first come-first served basis, while others are available for advance reservations.
- Reservations are required for gatherings larger than 75 people.
- Online reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Check availability at https://register2.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/txmemorialpark.wsc/search.html?display=Calendar&module=FR&
- Email [email protected] for information.
Oyster Creek Park
Address: 4033 State Highway 6 South, Sugar Land, TX 77479
Oyster Creek Park is one of the city’s most scenic areas with its iconic rock-lined pond and water feature, along with a bridge overlooking Oyster Creek. This beautiful park encompasses just over 111 acres and features a 3-mile hike & bike trail, the Greenbelt trail, restroom facilities, five picnic tables with grills, drinking fountain, benches, public art pieces throughout the park, and a parking lot (78 spaces).
Open from Mon – Sun: 7 am – 10 pm
- The Oyster Creek Park Amphitheatre can be reserved for standard and non-standard use.
- For more information about rental fees, deposits, standard use and non-standard use reservations, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 281-275-2885 or email [email protected].
Best party supply stores in Houston, Tx:
- Arne’s Warehouse: 2830 Hicks St, Houston, TX 77007; 713-869-8321
- Supreme Party Supply – 7440 Harwin Dr., Houston, TX 77036; 713-777-2789
- Emerson Sloan – Rice Village – 2438 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005; 713-497-5876
- Party City – 13760 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040; 281-849-6163
Best places to buy cold beer in Houston, Tx:
- Craft Beer Cellar Houston – 907 Franklin St, Houston, TX 77002; 713-227-0199
- D & Q The Beer Station – 7676 Hillmont St #108, Houston, TX 7704; 832-686-1862
- Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods – 22508 TX-249, Houston, TX 77070; 281-379-7383
Best indoor spots to throw a kid’s birthday in Houston, Tx:
- Kanga’s Indoor Playcenter Cypress – 11037 FM 1960 Suite D2, Houston, TX 77065; 832-688-9916
- Wonderwild – 767 N Shepherd Dr #400, Houston, TX 77007; 713-864-4242
- Lovebug’s Playground & party venue- 965 Pinemont Dr Suite 600, Houston, TX 77018; 346-843-4327